- Does your bike shift by itself?
- Bicycle Links
- My personal bicycle hotlist.
- An unfashionable chainwheel design defended.
- Braking and Turning
- Which brake? How to turn?
- Tips on cable installation to ensure that your brakes and gears live up to their potential.
- Cantilever Adjustment
- A practical guide to adjusting cantilever brakes.
- Cantilever Boss Fixture
- Install your own cantilever brake bosses.
- Cantilever Geometry
- A technical analysis of how to fine-tune your cantilever brakes for best performance.
- Carapace Completed Umber
- Humorous postings by my evil twin.
- Cassette Hubs
- The modern solution for rear hubs.
- Chain Maintenance
- Make your chain run smoother, last longer and shift better
- Chicago Schwinns
- The indestructible bikes from Chicago.
- Color Coding Your Tools
- Increase order and efficiency in your work area by color coding your tools.
- Cone Adjustment
- Procedures and tools for adjusting wheel bearings.
- Cottered Cranks
- Older bikes used cotter (wedge) pins to hold the cranks on.
- Cyclecomputer Calibration Chart
- Calibration numbers for all cyclecomputers.
- Cyclecomputer Installation
- Tips on installing cyclecomputers.
- Cyclecomputer Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting and repair of cyclecomputers.
- Cyclist Inferiority
- Attitude? Phobia? Complex? Superstition?
by John Forester
- Why I spell it that way.
- Derailer Adjustment
- How to adjust your derailers.
- Electrical generators built into the wheel hub.
- Le Vélo-Dictionnaire
- English 3 Speeds
- Useful tips on servicing these classic bikes.
- Evil Bicycles
- A Satanic conspiracy exposed!
- Fixed Gear for the Road
- Lots of information for people who know that Coasting Is A Pernicious Habit!
- Fixed Gear Testimonials
- If you don't believe me when I tell you how much fun fixed-gear riding is, read this.
- Forging, Casting & CNC Machining
- Jeff del Papa explains the differences, pros & cons.
- Frame Sizing
- Revisionist theory on bicycle fitting. Read this before you buy a new bike!
- France Cycling
- Advice and links for cyclists on touring in FranceBy:
Thomas Cook, 1908
Judee & Art Wickersham
- French bicycles
- Repair, restoration, maintenance and history of French bicycles.
- Removal and service.
- Gain Ratios
- A new system for designating bicycle gear ratios.
- Gear Shifting
- An introduction to using derailer gears.
- Geomagnetic Booster
- April 1, 1998
- Sheldon Brown's
- An huge compendium of bicycle terms, specifications, information, and opinion.
- History of Electric Lighting
- by Marty Goodman
- Home-made drop bolts
- New brakes on old frames.
- Inside the Varsity
- Marc Muller reveals the technology of the Chicago Schwinns.
- Lambert/Viscount Bicycles
- by Tim McNamara. Lambert and Viscount bicycles of the 1970's, and the death fork.
- Leather Saddles
- Oldies but goodies. Why you want one, how to maintain it.
- Lock Strategy
- Keeping your bike safe, without a ton of hardware.
- Tim MacNamara
- Bicycle fiction from Minnesota
- NEW! Pain and Bicycling
- March 12, 1999
- April 1, 1997
- Je me souviens
- Raleigh 3-speeds
- For the collector/restorer.
- A comfortable tush.
- When should you stand up?
- Starting and Stopping
- Are you doing it right?
- Rinard Frame and fork Tests
- Damon Rinard has tested the stiffness of many high-quality frames and forks.
- Seatpost Size Database
- What size seatpost fits what what frame?
If you know, tell me...If you don't know, the answer may be here!
- Shimano Cassettes
- How to get the gears you want, whether Shimano likes it or not!.
- Shimano/Sachs 7 Speed Hubs
- Gear ratios and other info on these 7-speed rear hubs.
- Tom Shaddox
- Tandem fiction.
- NEW!Singlespeed Mountain Bikes
- One speed is all you need!
- Straightening Chainwheels
- Bent chainwheels can sometimes be straightened.
- Stuck Seatposts
- Seatpost frozen into your frame? click here!
- The Soul of a Pedicab Chauffeur
- Carl Etiner writes from Oslo.
- A primer for new tandemists.
- Tandem Brakes
- Tandems are heavy and fast, they need good brakes.
- Tandems and Kids
- Tandems are the ideal solution for cycling with children.
- Tandem Mountain Bikes
- Buying a first tandem? Road or mountain style?
- Home-Built Tandems
- Can't afford a tandem? Handy? Adventurous?
- Tandem Synch Chains
- Adjustment and maintenance tips.
- Teaching Children To Cycle
- Strategies for teaching your little ones to ride.
- Tire Rotation
- Should you do it?
- Tire Sizing
- Tire size designations demystified.
- Tool Tips:
- Adjustable Wrenches
Cottered Crank Tools
Cottered Crank Tools
Bottom Bracket Cup Tools
Bottom Bracket Adjustment
- Touring in Europe
- Charles Hansen's tips for planning a European tour.
- Vintage Bicycle Price Guide
- by Mike Kone of Bicycle Classics.
- Build your own wheels!