In West Newton Since 1952 - On The Web Since 1995
Books from Harris Cyclery
The Bicycle Wheel
by Jobst Brandt
MA0001 Hardback 142 Pages $24.95
This is the definitive text on the wire spoked bicycle wheel. In addition to providing detailed instructions on how to build light, strong, durable and reliable wheels, The Bicycle Wheel offers a detailed theoretical analysis of how a spoked wheel works, refuting the folklore and myth of a century.
Contains very clear diagrams, index.
2nd Edition Big Blue Book of Bike Repair
by Calvin Jones, Park Tool
The Park Tool Big Blue Book of Bike Repair provides easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions for keeping any road or mountain bike running smoothly!
- A Do-it-yourself Bicycle Repair Guide from Park Tool
- Written by Calvin Jones, Education Director at Park Tool
- From tire repair and derailer adjustment to wheel truing and bottom bracket replacement, The Big Blue Book of Bike Repair provides both the novice and veteran mechanic with the information needed to perform nearly any repair
- Special topics such as tool selection, bike cleaning, and on-the-trail repairs are also covered, and an appendix at the back of the book provides valuable reference materials
- Up to date with the latest technology, The Big Blue Book of Bike Repair is packed with hundreds of photos, as well as repair tips garnered from the author's 30 years as an educator and mechanic
If you would like to make a link or bookmark to this page, the URL is:
Copyright © 2005, 2008, 2011 Harris Cyclery